We want hosts to run the games they are most passionate about, which means we are open to just about anything. Our only caveat is that you please consider running games containing adult themes in our evening slots. And, don’t forget to check out our Over The Top Contest for those spectacular event ideas that break the mold!
And, as an added “thank you” for our great event/game hosts who make FlatCon possible, FlatCon is happy to announce our Host Reward Program! Details on that are below.
You must register to attend via Warhorn before registering events. Our staff will check to ensure all judges are pre-registered so please use the same name and email address on the form below that you used on Warhorn to facilitate a quick approval of your event!
Got questions about this form or FlatCon event submission? Can’t find information you need? Just shoot us an email at: FlatConBloomEvents@gmail.com.
FlatCon’s Host Rewards Program
FlatCon is happy to announce our Host Rewards Program! It’s our way of saying “thank you” to all the brave souls that offer to GM, DM, host, demo, etc. games throughout the show.
Here’s how the program works…
- Attendees who have registered to run/host/demo games by September 9 will receive a ticket for each game they have scheduled.
- FlatCon has assembled a special Host Gift Basket with a variety of gaming accessories for which only hosts will be eligible to win via their tickets.
- Realizing that we have a variety of gamers who attend our con, if the Host Gift Basket doesn’t appeal to you, you can use your tickets for our regular charity raffle.
- The drawing will be held Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. You do not have to be present to win.
But wait, there’s more!
At the beginning of each slot, FlatCon staff will stroll around and distribute additional tickets to the GM/DM/Host of each table.
Hosts may redeem this ticket for a “Snackrifice” (a can of soda, bag of chips, or candy) at the concession stand any time during the con or used for our charity raffle.
As always, thanks for your continued support of FlatCon! Without all the great folks who volunteer to run games, we can’t function. You continue to be awesome!
Expectations of Event Hosts/Judges
- Be kind to your players. FlatCon takes the term “host” seriously. Act as if this was a guest visiting your home. Show them a good time.
- FlatCon asks hosts to be 10 minutes early to their table. Provided the table is available, be set up and ready to go before all your players arrive. You are competing for your players’ attention and there are many games for them to choose from. They may not wait for you if you arrive late.
- That said… FlatCon expects hosts to wait at least 15 minutes after the slot has started before cancelling a game with no players or tables that don’t meet the minimum play requirements. You may get players who were not able to be seated for another game and are looking for something to play.
- FlatCon expects hosts to have prepared in advance for the game they are running (know the rules, know the story, etc.) No one likes the guy/gal who shows up to run/demo the game and doesn’t know what they are doing.
- For whatever reason, if you cannot make your game, either cancel it ahead of time (if it’s before pre-registration ends) or contact FlatCon (FlatConBlm@gmail.com). During FlatCon, you can just find a Staff Member or ask for help at the Registration Desk. We understand that plans change suddenly sometimes. Just make sure to let us know so we can inform the players.
- If problems arise at your table with a player or between players that you don’t feel comfortable handling, please seek out a staff member to help you adjudicate the issue. (See also our Policies/Etiquette page).
Two ways to submit your events:
We offer a handy online form below which works well for most submitters and their events. However, if you prefer, you can download our Event Submission form in .DOC format (MS Word, Wordpad, etc.) or the Event Submission Form in Open Document Format and submit your events via email attachment or snail mail.
The downloadable forms work well for judges submitting multiple events and do not like retyping their contact info, etc. Just download the form, fill out one, save it under one name, make changes for a second event, save a new copy under a different name, rinse, and repeat. Then email them all to FlatConBloomEvents@gmail.com!
Or, step right up and use the online form below! Either way is fine!
We can’t put on a game convention and “Score A Crit On Cancer” without events. So, thank you for offering to run an event at FlatCon. The Event Coordinator will review your event and respond to you within five days.