You’ve heard the legends of…
- The Space Station..
- The Starship Troopers Game…
- The Pirate Village…
- The Giant Death Star Battle…
- The Battle of Hoth…
- Risk on the Huge Globe!…
What Is the Over The Top Contest?
The Over the Top Award at Flatcon was created by David Ross to:
- Recognize creative individuals in our gaming community.
- Promote fun/healthy competition for the benefit of FlatCon.
- Give FlatCon even more appeal to attendees by providing unique gaming events each year.
We want to inspire your gaming creativity and to give you a place to show it off!
- Game has to appeal (visually/playablity) to Flatcon attendees. Flatcon is about getting people to play games and your entry needs to draw people to it.
- Game must be run in at least two time slots at Flatcon during Friday and Saturday (Judging is Saturday evening). This can include multiple times in the same single session block or be two different blocks.
- You have to have made an effort to create a new game or enhance an existing game for Flatcon. Just showing up with a board game and opening it won’t qualify you to be considered for the award.
- The judges will use: Creativity, Visual Appeal, Playability, Fun level achieved by participants and spectators, and the promotion of Flatcon Ideals to decide the winner.
- Judging will occur Saturday evening at 7:00.
Judges will be determined at Flatcon. They will be past winners who do not have an entry in this year’s competition.
To be determined but will include bragging rights and probably a trophy. We are also investigating some perks we will provide all entrants like dice and raffle tickets.
But, really….it’s all about bragging rights that your event was the most Over The Top!
How To Enter
What do you need to do to be considered for the ‘Over the Top’ award? Nothing. Just show up at Flatcon with your entry and, if it’s that good, it will be noticed and considered.